Replacing External Stitches for Surgical Closures MPD Protocol
Applying Miracle Professional Dressing (MPD)
Recommended for the replacement of external superficial stitches after an excision wound has been closed with deep stitches. MPD eliminates railroad track scars.
Miracle Professional Dressing is an FDA Class I medical device which has been shown to help heal and protect surgical closures. It has been designed to stay-in-place for approximately 21 days. MPD rarely needs to be removed prematurely, but if needed use isopropyl alcohol to soak it off.
- After excising the lesion and undermining the surrounding skin, place deep absorbable sutures creating slight hyper eversion.
- Cut the Miracle Dressing to fit over the surgical wound.
- Pull on the small tab on the upper right corner of the MPD paper backing to easily remove each Miracle Dressing strip from the backing before placing on skin. If there is no longer a tab, remove Miracle Dressing from its backing by attaching a piece of Scotch Tape (or other tape) onto the corner skin-colored MPD and lifting away from the backing.
- Place the Miracle Professional Dressing (MPD) over the wound and at least 3cm around the peripheral skin.
- Pat down all the edges of the dressing.
Post Operative Instructions for the Patient
- At least once or twice a day, rinse the Miracle Professional Dressing with water (shower, saturated gauze or wash cloth compresses). Blot the Miracle Dressing dry after water immersion and then: Apply Miracle of The Sea 2% Natural Marine Extract in Aloe Vera Gel after every rinsing with water or at least twice a day.
Spread a small amount of Aloe Vera Gel onto the Miracle Dressing and allow it to be absorbed into the wound and the surrounding skin through the Miracle Dressing.If you are also applying an antibiotic ointment use only after the Aloe Vera Gel. Please use this sparingly so as not to clog the Miracle Dressing’s pores. Use 1/8 of pea size – and only over the wound area.
- If there is excessive oozing, a damp absorbent pad or gauze can be placed over the Miracle Dressing to collect it. The drying action of this gauze will pull excess exudate away from the wound. If the wound is only oozing slightly, apply dry gauze only when needed to protect clothing or bedsheets.
- MPD is designed to fall off on its own in approximately 21 days. After which, use the Miracle of The Sea 2% Natural Marine Extract in Aloe Vera Gel once or twice a day for at least one month.
- Do not remove Miracle Professional Dressing unless there is severe pain, redness and swelling. To remove, place a gauze soaked with isopropyl alcohol over the portion of the MPD that is surrounding the wound for 5 minutes and carefully remove, starting from the edges.
Unopened pouches can be stored flat.
Keep in temperature less than 75°f.
Can also be refrigerated but it is not necessary.
Precautions / Allergens
The safety of Miracle of The Sea 2% Natural Marine Extract in Aloe Vera Gel and Miracle Professional Dressing has not been determined in patients with seafood allergies. Stop using if you experience an allergic reaction.
Miracle Dressings are Class I medical devices manufactured in our FDA registered facility. Our dressings are listed in the FDA Establishment Registration & Device Listing as 510(K) Exempt (under regulation #880.5240) and comply with all general regulatory safeguards required by the FDA (FD&C Act § 501, 502, 510, 516, 518, 519, and 520).
Miracle Professional Dressing™ is being protected by one or more pending or issued patents.
For information about applying to joints, see this page.
For monitoring and measuring wound healing process with Miracle Dressing, see this page.
For more about Surgical Closures, see this page.
Healthier skin leads to better surgery results, for pre and post surgery protocols, see this page.
For protocols by condition, see this page.